Tuesday, April 28, 2009

PB Heaven

I idled away another lazy Sunday in mid Autumn, shuffling slowly to and fro over the warm tiled floor of the kitchen downstairs. Heavily scented peanut butter biscuits emerged from the oven with a heat like the suns embrace. I lifted the tray of tender golden nuggets to my bossom and bathed in the heady aroma of freshly baked butter-filled cookies. If I were to die tonight, I should be so happy as to have my coffin filled with these.

Peanut Butter Cookies
heavily adapted from a previous recipe
90 g peanut butter
40 g unsalted butter, room temperature
3 g salt
145 g castor sugar
2 g baking powder
1 egg
190 g flour
40 g pouring cream
In an electric mixer with the paddle attachment cream peanut butter and butter until smooth.
Add salt, sugar, baking powder and beat well.
Add egg and beat for a few minutes.
Blend in sifted flour on low speed.
Mix through cream.
Divide mix into 30 balls and place onto two lined trays.
Squash each ball to approx. 1 cm thickness.
Bake at 180ÂșC for 12 minutes, rotating halfway.


2 comments:

  1. A coffin filled with cookies sounds good to me. It's quite Egyptian. You'll need a pyramid too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Um, weird. But at the same time, very very tasty.. :P

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails