Wednesday, September 30, 2009

CMC: Culinary Mastodonic Calamity


Celebrity MasterChef is set to air at 7:30 tonight. For a fleeting moment a short while back, I was under the impression that it was going to be about celebrity chefs.. Until my boss went to Melbourne for a shoot with Anna Bligh vs. Underbelly Guy cooking or should I say murdering Szechuan pepper duck. Oh how wrong I was. All my hopes and dreams of seeing professional chefs on free to air TV were cruelly dashed. So it most definitely won't be as good or as exciting as I was hoping it would be, though I'll probably watch it tonight anyway. Just to confirm that it's crap.

(By the way, does anyone know what the go is with this Macca's Chef thing? I clicked on the link out of curiosity, thinking "Is this shit for real?!"..)

Anyway back to the line-up: George Negus, Simon Westaway, Kirk Pengilly, Josh Thomas, Ryan O'Keefe, Alex Lloyd, Rachael Finch, Faustina Agolley, Alex Perry, Michelle Bridges, Peter Fitzsimons, Eamon Sullivan, Anna Bligh, Indira Naidoo, Kathleen De Leon, Peter Rowsthorn, Simon Katich and Wendy Harmer.

I'm wondering what market this new version of MasterChef is aimed at. At this present moment I'm expecting it to be a cross between 'Dancing With The Stars' and 'I'm A Celebrity Get Me Out Of Here'. For the record, I only ever viewed 'Dancing with the Stars' on two occasions and then, it was only to catch glimpses of the highly attractive professionals.
­
Regrettably, I don't think I have anything positive to say about this. It seems almost blasphemous to the original MasterChef. Oh well.. At least it appears that Matt Preston has partially removed his abhorrent sideburns.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails